The mission of Georgia Regents
University Augusta Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is to
ensure that its athletic programs are operated in conformance with
the overall institutional mission. We are committed to the highest
standards of sportsmanship, teamwork, scholarship and
Intercollegiate athletics enhances the university experience of all students, participants and non-participants alike, by developing school spirit and creating a sense of community. Athletics thus serves the university's mission of enhancing the quality of the student experience. Athletic programs entertain and enrich the university's community and the people of the CSRA, therefore contributing to the out reach mission of the university.
The Mission Statement of GRU Augusta Athletics is based on a commitment to the following Core Principles:
Based on this mission statement and core principals of Intercollegiate Athletics at GRU Augusta our objective is to:
1. Provide an equal opportunity for female and male student athletes of good character and academic performance, to compete in organized intercollegiate athletics while pursuing a baccalaureate degree.
2. Provide an opportunity for each student athlete to grow as a total person by enabling involvement in more areas of student life and by providing the tools that will aid the student athlete after graduation.
3. Provide financial opportunity through scholarship assistance to diverse and deserving student athletes of local, regional, national and international origins.
4. Provide quality athletic
facilities for student athletic participation, community
utilization, and regional, national and international good
5. Utilize intercollegiate athletics as a means to reach and draw together the university community, the alumni and people of the CSRA and to provide a source of institutional pride to alumni, faculty, and students through athletic competiveness and academic integrity.
6. Ensure in all areas of intercollegiate athletics, that GRU Augusta demands and functions with integrity, social responsibility, ethical standards, and strict adherence to the spirit and letter of all GRU Augusta, Peach Belt Conference and NCAA rules.